Junior Front-end Developer
|Job Type||Job Location||Job Level||Application Deadline|
|Permanent||Cape Town||Mid-Level||30 September 2017|
|Job Location||Cape Town|
|Application Deadline||30 September 2017|
We’re looking for a junior front-end developer to join our digital team. You’ll be working alongside the rest of our creative and technical team to build spectacular e-commerce sites and related digital assets.
If you’ve been working in a digital studio and are looking for a challenging environment where you can work on a few well-known retail brands, listen closely.
You’ll need to:
- Understand how to code HTML emails, and have worked in email marketing platforms before (MailChimp, CampaignMonitor, Everlytic)
- Understand how to code responsive emails
- Responsive development processes and technologies
- Experience with various frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
We are a collective of passionately creative, born digital enthusiasts, coming together to form a creative digital agency.
We wake up each morning to design experiences that help our clients build better businesses!
Through our talented team of specialists, and insightful methodologies, we create connected experiences that drive brand growth and results.
- Friendly, outgoing and interested in what you're doing. Willing to learn and not afraid of working hard. Able to work well in a team.
Job Skills Requirements
- One to three years' experience working in digital agency environment
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, etc.)
- Alternatively your preferred IDE environment. Notepad works too.
- Knowledge of advanced CSS techniques (transitions, animations, transforms)
- Be able to work with popular CMSs (e.g. Craft, ExpressionEngine)
- Integrating with server-side languages and templating systems
How to apply
- Clickety-click that big orange button
- Add your current & desired remuneration (in Rands please)
- Tell us when you'd be available to start (if successful)
- Attach your CV thingie
We review each application we receive and arrange interviews for short-listed candidates. After a first interview, we either proceed to second interviews or inform you of an unsuccessful application. Second interviews usually consist of a technical or creative task, depending on the role. If you’re successful in this round, we then decide to make an offer or go into negotiations. And if the stars align and the moon is in its 2nd quadrant, we may just have a new Itopian!
Please note, we get quite a few applications for our jobs, so if you don't hear from us one of two things has happened:
- We finally won that sweepstakes thing from those SMS's and are laying on a beach somewhere sipping mojitos
- Or more than likely, your application was unsuccessful... this time round.