Senior Graphic Designer
|Job Type||Job Location||Job Level||Application Deadline|
|Permanent||Cape Town||Mid-Senior||19 March 2018|
|Job Location||Cape Town|
|Application Deadline||19 March 2018|
- Assume the role of 'second-in-charge' to the Head of Creative Services, and help oversee and mentor the design team and their respective work.
- Work with the HoCS to help guide client's content strategy and design thereof.
- To design collateral for clients. Collateral includes digital (various newsletter types, banner ads, social media content, etc) and print (brochures, print ads, quarterly reports, etc).
- To develop the company’s online visual identity, and on various social media platforms.
- To assist Heads of Departments and Senior staff members with creative pitch presentations and layouts when required.
- To translate strategic outlines into innovative visual representations.
- To keep abreast of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge creative work.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Strategic Thinking
- Reports to the Head of Creative Services
Job Skills Requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification in design or similar
- Minimum five years’ industry-related work experience or proof of supporting skill level
- An individual portfolio of design work that shows your ability to execute on ideas, briefs & concepts
- Proven Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign skills
- Strong understanding of design principles (i.e typography, layout, etc)
- Competency in After Effects and/or Premiere Pro.
- Ability to conceptualise ideas and bring them to life visually
- Proven ability to create high quality content from a loose or constrained brief with short deadlines
- The ability to define and uphold the company’s corporate identity
- Excellent time management and quality management skills are essential
- Understanding how design influences the way people interact/engage online is important
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Collaborative and builds mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships
- Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage several tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining quality
- Able to give and receive direction and constructive criticism well
- Organised and structured; copes well under pressure, with the ability to meet and beat given deadlines
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic approach to all their work
- Being a decent-to-strong pool player wouldn't hurt your chances
- Enjoys snacks... we tend to overdo it a bit over here :)
How to apply
- Clickety-click that big orange button
- Add your current & desired remuneration (in Rands please)
- Tell us when you'd be available to start (if successful)
- Attach your CV thingie
We review each application we receive and arrange interviews for short-listed candidates. After a first interview, we either proceed to second interviews or inform you of an unsuccessful application. Second interviews usually consist of a technical or creative task, depending on the role. If you’re successful in this round, we then decide to make an offer or go into negotiations. And if the stars align and the moon is in its 2nd quadrant, we may just have a new Itopian!
Please note, we get quite a few applications for our jobs, so if you don't hear from us one of two things has happened:
- We finally won that sweepstakes thing from those SMS's and are laying on a beach somewhere sipping mojitos
- Or more than likely, your application was unsuccessful... this time round.